Welcome to the Cirque The Label studio!
Sustainably is at the core of everything that goes on here.
I take pride in using innovative methods in manufacture and packaging, and am a big fan of reusing and repurposing in all elements of the business. Below are a few of the steps CTL has taken so far:
- CTL collections are made from either remnant, deadstock or vintage fabrics. Some are made from preloved or vintage garments, deconstructed to be given a new life.
- The invisible thread used to finish each scrunchie once belonged to my Great Aunt Mary. The reel was found in her sewing box that I inherited when she died 12 years ago.
- I only use biodegradable eco elastic in scrunchies, made from organic cotton and natural rubber.
- All thread used is recycled cotton.
I run Cirque The Label from my home studio, where everything has been sourced second-hand.
I made my sewing table from salvaged wardrobe doors.
The backdrop screens are reclaimed woodchip screens that I cover in different wallpapers.
- All my little trinkets and treasures were picked up in charity shops and at carboots.
- On buying trips I avoid carbon transport. Where possible I walk, cycle or take public transport.
All CTL packaging is recycled, salvaged or sustainably sourced
My business cards are made from t-shirt off-cuts.
Every element of CTL packaging is recyclable or biodegradable.
Each accessory is placed in a handmade pouch from magazine pages. Watch the short video below to see how they're made: